Sunday, June 28, 2015

Reconstruction

Home.
I have returned.
To a place I belong, yet am somewhat unable to truly fit in, due to the things that differ from the life I lead; such as where the cups go in the kitchen cupboards, what night the rubbish gets taken away and the presence of family at any hour of the day

Returning to the job as a casual to fill in time, gain some perspective, earn some money and to motivate your desires, your ambitions and your dreams

Returning to old friends, remembering the reasons why we love them, how we fell in love with them and the activities used to pass the time, express yourself with each other and to smile, for despite the differences, despite the change, true friends will always be like a house under renovation; different in a familiar and predictable way, a change welcome to most, unwelcome to few.

But I have also returned to surprises, surprises for myself, for others, and in the most unlikely places of all, a glimmer of hope that my destiny can be shaped by the entrance of another significant figure in my life. Fear, vulnerability and of course the potential for pain lay awaiting your every move.

I have returned as a man able to shape my own destiny, my own fate.
If I am to follow a happy and joyful path, My spirit and I need to step back and view the outcomes; the destination of happiness requires a path to be built that I have never trod before. Now as I lie awake, thinking of you, I demolish my previous paths in my mind, reconstructing them in the hope you might like to join me just for a while in my pursuit of happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment