Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Swallowing Myself

Its incredible how viewing yourself in a new light changes your perspective on things.
Cutting your hair a different way can give you the chance to show off the flair you deserve to have recognised
Dressing like a celebrity and smiling like a camera is always on you boosts your self esteem when you need it the most
And a morning run can make you feel like all your problems, the stupid things you've done can be left behind. The morning coffee you sip while you eat your breakfast can help you swallow your pride, giving you the power to change for the better.

If I swallowed my arrogance, quietened down rather than drowning others out with my loud compensating extroverted behavior, would I get a chance to redeem myself?
I could silence the critics in my head and their beliefs of me being an unstable mess by holding down a stable, loving, caring commitment. I could spoil you, cherish you, make you the queen of everything you see if I was given the chance, a blessing, the nod of approval.

"Pour my soul into the cup and I will drink until I am all gone. Take me as your own, do with me what you wish"

As I swallow my own spirit, nearing the bottom of my cup, wave after wave pours over me, filling the room, washing away my life, filling my lungs.

"She'll take your head, and pull you under. When you awake, drowning, she'll be yours. But you will be gone"

No comments:

Post a Comment