Friday, June 12, 2015

Shells

I am a flawed person - I am an imperfect creature that is capable of destruction, pain and utter dismay.  I have evolved to have a coarse outer layer that deliberately disagrees with people and shapes their opinions of me.
I can seem like a loud, extroverted personality that thrives on the company of others, as if to say that I reject the quiet comfort and the beautiful silences introverts yearn for.
But under all the layers of my shell is a quiet, shy persona - only a select few will ever get to meet him; for he is a part of myself that has felt the pain and destruction I am capable of in full force.
If you ever meet this side to me you will see that I am also capable of compassion, loyalty and love. Even the hardest of shells remains soft on the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment